Saturday, June 24, 2006
World Cup time in Korea!
I know - I'm being pretty lazy with some of these posts, but I just read Jenn's blog entry about the second Korea soccer game (which I didn't make it out to watch) and she's got some great pics to show what World Cup fever is like here in Chuncheon. Have a look at her link at the right side of this page.
I did make it out to this early morning's game - Game 3: South Korea vs. the Swiss. The pics from Jenn's entry look pretty identical to my experience in downtown Chuncheon - a huge sea of red shirts and Korean flags filling the main intersection and flooding down the streets in every direction. The only difference is that Korea unfortunately lost and there wasn't too much excitement in the air. There were a few tears though as this means Korea will not move on to the next round. It really is sad to see Korea's run end here - there has been such a great mood in Korea these days. Koreans really love their soccer!
DAE-HAN-MIN-GUK!!!!
I did make it out to this early morning's game - Game 3: South Korea vs. the Swiss. The pics from Jenn's entry look pretty identical to my experience in downtown Chuncheon - a huge sea of red shirts and Korean flags filling the main intersection and flooding down the streets in every direction. The only difference is that Korea unfortunately lost and there wasn't too much excitement in the air. There were a few tears though as this means Korea will not move on to the next round. It really is sad to see Korea's run end here - there has been such a great mood in Korea these days. Koreans really love their soccer!
DAE-HAN-MIN-GUK!!!!
