Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006... Hello 2007!

It is 4:30pm on New Year's Eve. I've got a couple of hours to kill before heading out to meet friends for the night's celebrations, so thought I'd update everyone on my plans for 2007.

I officially finished teaching this past Thursday. It was a little sad... but at least I know I'll see (most) of the students and teachers again at the end of February when they close out the previous year with some ceremonies and grade 6 graduation and stuff. So now I'm in full swing with the travel plans and checking off pre-departure 'to-do' list items.

I've got my tickets to Thailand, departing in 13 days!! Wooohooo!! Also got on the ball and bought flight tickets to head to southern Thailand the day after we arrive. AND I've booked my dive trip/course to the Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock off the southwest coast of Thailand in March. How exciting! Here is a link to the dive sites (but not the company I'm diving with): http://www.southsiamdivers.com/divesites.php

Sooo.. here is my rough outline of 2007. It is probably way more information than many of you need/care to know, but it's here for your reference if you're ever wondering:

January
- 2 weeks in Thailand for winter vacation, rest of time in Korea


February

- In Korea packing, planning, etc.


March

- Out of my apartment March 1st and off to Thailand for 1-2 weeks.
- Next scheduled stop is The Philippines for minimum 3 weeks.

April
-
Finish off the Philippines then head to Malaysian Borneo for a couple of weeks
- Head down to Indonesia

May
-
Most of month in Indonesia
- Head back to North America at end of month with possible visits in the States and the Caribbean (Mark & Kylie in Turks & Caicos) UPDATE: Doesn't look like this can happen... it's straight to Toronto for me.

June
-
Fly into Toronto June 1st or earlier to partake in any pre-wedding fun with Sarah and Farzana and then attend Sarah & Ryan's June 9th wedding and Farzana's June 16th wedding in London (Ontario)

- June 23rd Toronto's Bell City Chase with Amanda!!! Yay!!! http://www.bellcitychase.com/
- Do some more visiting in southern Ontario

July
- Mark & Kylie's reception near London, July 7th
- Head up to Ottawa (maybe with fellow reception attendees...?) as soon as possible after reception
- Hang out in Ottawa

August
-
Friend, Meg's, wedding on August 18th in the States (heading there about a week beforehand)
-Would like to fit in a 2-week trip to eastern Canada to visit friends for a couple of weeks (and check out my country's eastern landscape) either directly before or after the August wedding

September
- Other than a couple of family bdays, I suprisingly have no plans!

October
- October 6th Karen's wedding
- October 21st Nida's wedding
- October 27th Beth's wedding

Ok... I think that's all I've got.

Time to get pretty for my New Year's Eve celebrations! Hope you are all having a wonderful long weekend and all the best to you in 2007. Hopefully I'll be seeing you in the new year!
Comments:
wow! you are a planner. i wish my life was that planned out and i wish i was going to be in nova scotia when you are coming east. but alas.....taking a year off from teaching hurts the pocketbook a bit and i'll be teaching again by then. not sure if you read it on my blog or not, but guess what?teddy's parents surprised us with a trip to mexico.....so we're heading out this saturday with his brother and sister-in-law to cancun! they only told us this past sunday so i'm having a bit of a scramble getting my sister to mail stuff (ie. swimsuit and summer clothes) and get it here in time. we've been staying with teddy's brother and sister-in-law in boston. it's so nice here. wish we could hang out again. i hope all your travels go as planned. my you have a lot of weddings to go to! fun! take care, l-b
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?