Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wha?? Woah.

I just realized that I only have 10 actual teaching days left at my school: 3 more days this week; next week only 3 days cause two days will be 'ski trip' days; and then 3 days the following week because of Christmas and year-end events. Well that's not 10 days... that's 9!!! Holy cow... it's getting smaller and smaller each time I count. Nuts!

I'm sitting at my desk at school right now... across from my co-teacher, Hyunae, and I just told her the same thing. It's a little sad. I enjoy teaching with her and we have a good relationship. I'll miss her. I'll miss my students too... and just being 'Keri Teacher'. The realization of it all is feeling a little bitter-sweet right now. Because of course I'm excited to begin my travels and to see friends and family in the new year (very very excited), but I've also got this unexpected feeling of sadness. Wonder if I'll teach again. Probably in some form or another. I've been looking at volunteer opportunities around the world and also thinking about going to teacher's college back home. We'll see where life takes me I guess.

I think it's fair to say you'll be seeing a few more blog entries during my wind-down period here in Korea - Highlights, photos, journal-like emotional entries, travel planning updates, etc. etc. Big changes about to happen!

For anyone who is confused about my contract end date here - It's actually February 28th, but there are no classes during January and February (school winter vacation). I've got my two-week 'vacation' time in January, and for the rest of those 2 months I'll be sitting on my bum doing nothing at the school almost every day.

Hope everyone is well wherever you are, whoever you are with. Btw, I just read Sarah and Ryan's blog from over in South Africa and have added more destinations to my travel dreams. Mostly though, I just wish I was experiencing everything with them.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?