Sunday, April 22, 2007
Borneo
Hello everyone!
Just a very quick post to say I'm safe in Malaysian Borneo (Sabah to be exact). I had a crazy time getting out of the Philippines, but I'm gonna have to save that story for another time when I'm not using the one free computer at a hostel and when the keyboard isn't quite so sticky.
Basics of Borneo so far: Didn't get to hike Mount Kinabalu as all accomodation is booked (2-day hike) but I might try again if I have to travel back through Kota Kinabalu (I packed specific warm clothes and anti-inflammatory pills for my knees JUST for this hike). In a city called Sandakan now and will be taking off for an Orangutan sanctuary in the morning, followed by 3 days/2 nights on a remote jungle safari along Sabah's longest river. Apparently HEAPS of wildlife (including wild Orangutans) to be seen. I'll let you know. I'm doing this part of my travels with another Brit named Joe (girl). Always someone to travel with which is nice. But after the safari, we'll part ways as I'm going to go diving at Sipidan for a few days - very excited as this is supposed to be some of the best diving in the world. Yay!
Probably update you again from my accomodation near Sipidan. Hope everyone is well. Thanks so much for the comments Sarah, Tara, Dre, Ben, Loree, and Brian (btw... this is Brian in Japan right?). Oh - and quite a while back there was a comment from Ryan... is this Sarah's Ryan? Or other?
Can't wait to see you all again! xox
Just a very quick post to say I'm safe in Malaysian Borneo (Sabah to be exact). I had a crazy time getting out of the Philippines, but I'm gonna have to save that story for another time when I'm not using the one free computer at a hostel and when the keyboard isn't quite so sticky.
Basics of Borneo so far: Didn't get to hike Mount Kinabalu as all accomodation is booked (2-day hike) but I might try again if I have to travel back through Kota Kinabalu (I packed specific warm clothes and anti-inflammatory pills for my knees JUST for this hike). In a city called Sandakan now and will be taking off for an Orangutan sanctuary in the morning, followed by 3 days/2 nights on a remote jungle safari along Sabah's longest river. Apparently HEAPS of wildlife (including wild Orangutans) to be seen. I'll let you know. I'm doing this part of my travels with another Brit named Joe (girl). Always someone to travel with which is nice. But after the safari, we'll part ways as I'm going to go diving at Sipidan for a few days - very excited as this is supposed to be some of the best diving in the world. Yay!
Probably update you again from my accomodation near Sipidan. Hope everyone is well. Thanks so much for the comments Sarah, Tara, Dre, Ben, Loree, and Brian (btw... this is Brian in Japan right?). Oh - and quite a while back there was a comment from Ryan... is this Sarah's Ryan? Or other?
Can't wait to see you all again! xox
Comments:
<< Home
Oh Keri, I'm so jealous. Say hi to the Orangutans for me and take lots of pictures.
Love you and I can't wait til you're finally home.
Beth
Love you and I can't wait til you're finally home.
Beth
hey keri...
just read part of your blog and wanted to say hi (again)...when are you coming home, exactly???
Maybe it is written somewhere that I didn't read...
Bye
sarah
Post a Comment
just read part of your blog and wanted to say hi (again)...when are you coming home, exactly???
Maybe it is written somewhere that I didn't read...
Bye
sarah
<< Home


